Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Perfect Tea Party!

So it was my dearest Mom-in-law's birthday in September.  I decided to spoil her with the perfect tea party.  Ribbons, lace, roses, teapots, cake stands and lots and lots of cup cakes and yummy eats.  I was lucky to have my best friend Clive (who is the creative designer at By Word of Mouth, an eventing company) help me to make her special day wonderful.

My inspiration came from the front cover of Dianne Hall's High Tea In The Garden:



We had to make do with things around the house.  My husband's Granny was so kind to give me her silver tea set (for keeps!).  I collected cake stands for my wedding, so I had plenty of those.  We went to the flower market and got the most beautiful pink roses (and picked some from our garden too!)  I used pink and white chinese paper lanterns to set the party mood, and I think they looked lovely! 




The party was a great success, and Mom-in-law absolutely loved it!

1 comment:

  1. I love your website! I also love your tea party idea, it looks like it was a lot of fun to plan and put together. Nice blog, very Marca :)

    ReplyDelete